Call for Entries: Artists Respond and Resist Together- Submissions due May 31; Exhibit July 3 – August 18, 2017
Resource Center for Nonviolence
May 31, 2017 11:59 pm
RCNV, 612 Ocean St.
Santa Cruz, California, 95060
$25 for up to three jpgs
CALL FOR ENTRIES
The Resource Center for Nonviolence (RCNV) is collaborating with Artists Respond and Resist Together (ARRT) for the first juried exhibit in RCNV’s newly remodeled space.
THEME: dynamic artistic responses to the current political climate. Submissions may address resistance, immigration, civil rights, climate change, injustice, etc.
The Resource Center for Nonviolence, founded in 1976, is a peace and justice organization promoting the practice of nonviolent social change. Their primary mission is to support the growth of nonviolent activists. The mission of ARRT states, “We are an affiliation of artists joined together by our shared belief in the power of art to effect social change and protect democratic values. Our creative skills support progressive social actions in our local community and beyond.”
Artists are encouraged to submit work that is the spirit of both organizations.
- Entry Deadline /Submissions Due: Wednesday, May 31.
- Notification: Monday, June 12
- Drop off Art work:Sunday, June 25, 1:00- 4:00PM to RCNV
- Exhibition:July 3 – August 18, 2017
- Receptions: First Fridays July 7 and August 4, 6:00-9:00PM; RCNV Open House/Reception Saturday, July 8, 2:00 – 4:00PM (tentative – time to be confirmed)
- Closing Reception and Pickup: Saturday, August 19, 2:00-4:00PM
- Juried Show
- Open to ARRT members and selected invited artists. To join ARRT (free), contact email@example.com Please pass this Call for Entries on to others who may be interested.
- Submit up to 3 jpegs of original work: 1920 pixels@72 dpi on the longest side.
- Email jpegs and list of images with Title, medium and size to: ARRTexhibit@gmail.com
- At Drop Off: provide 1 label for each art piece with Title, Medium, Artist’s name, Price (if for sale); optional typed brief statement on 3” x 5” card; optional Artist Bio.
- Fees: ARRT Members – $25.00 for up to 3 Non-Refundable. Entry fee paid at Drop Off. Proceeds support RCNV’s new exhibit space. Write checks to “RCNV” or Resource Center for Nonviolence, 612 Ocean St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060. Note in memo: ARRT exhibit.
- Sales will be handled by the artists, who agree to donate 15% of any sale of work to RCNV.
- Artists may bring a limited number of cards/reproductions to sell at the First Friday receptions- 15% of sales to RCNV. Inquire about details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work must be ready to install. Ready to hang. The Committee reserves the right to exclude work that is not deemed ready to hang. Labeled.
- The majority of artwork accepted will be 2D, hung on walls. A very limited number of 3D works (artist must provide pedestal) may be considered, depending on space.
- Size and weight may be a consideration.
- Work requiring special handling is to be installed & removed by artist.
- Please bring finger foods for the First Friday Receptions.
- Resource Center for Nonviolence Hours: Monday- Thursday, 12:00 -4:00 Hours may be extended to include Saturdays, 1-4 if ARRT members volunteer for Gallery Sitting.
- QUESTIONS? email@example.com, 831.423.1626.
612 Ocean St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060 831.423.1626 rcnv.org