Paste your Google Webmaster Tools verification code here

GI Rights

Use the following links to find answers to many questions about GI rights, discharges, & military processes and regulations — or to prepare for a counselor meeting. To speak with someone about your particular situation, call the GI Rights Hotline: 877-447-4487 toll-free nationwide or 831-316-5367 for the RCNV counselors. The service is confidential and free.


Military Discharges (of various types):

The GI Rights Network has fact sheets with information on various kinds of discharges, including:

This is a partial list. Call the hotline and talk to a counselor about your specific situation.

Grievances and Complaints:

We also have fact sheets on filing grievances and getting help for complaints, including:

If you want congressional assistance, but don’t know who your representative is, go to Enter your zip code at the top right corner of the page, where it says Find Your Representative. The result will be the name of your representative and a link to his or her web site, which will have contact information. It’s best to use the zip code of the residence where you are (or could be) registered to vote.

Conscientious Objector Discharges:

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD):

Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ):

[return to the main Military Counseling page]

GI Rights Hotline
877-447-4487 toll-free, nationwide
or 831-316-5367 for the RCNV counseling group