I ask you to read this important Public Statement from:
- Santa Cruz County Black Coalition for Justice and Racial Equity
- Santa Cruz County Black Health Matters Initiative
- NAACP Santa Cruz County Branch
- Black Kings of Santa Cruz County
- Santa Cruz Equity Collab Project.
The Executive Director and Board of Directors of the Resource Center for Nonviolence support this statement, and the demands and goals stated in it. We are grateful for local Black leaders who call each of us to action.
This act of hate strikes each of us, and it strikes at the vibrant multiracial community we have in Santa Cruz County. We are committed to the Black Lives Matter movement and to making fundamental changes that will achieve racial equity and multiracial, multi-ethnic culture locally and nationally.
RCNV offers to contribute funds to restoration of the Black Lives Matter mural.